Perfect for all celebrations, for a limited time only Drappier Carte d’Or Champagne is only £29.95 (usually £34.95)!
This is a gorgeous champagne that enbodies the very essence of the Drappier style.
With its very high proportion of Pinot Noir, one is almost tasting a Blanc de Noirs. Champagne with a fine aromatic richness, it opens with aromas of stoned fruits such as white vineyard peach. A spicy hint announces a powerful and complex palate. A vinous Champagne of lovely complexity with a characteristic note of quince jelly.
Just £9.86 (save 10%!) if you buy 12 bottles, our popular thirst quenching Prosecco is back just in time for summer!
Perfectly balanced, this is a soft, fresh wine with the wonderful, prosecco style bouquet of fruits, apples and apricots.
A great choice for hot summer afternoons, or accompanying light pasta starters!
Join us in-store anytime from 2.30pm til 7pm this Saturday for our own mini Wine World Cup! We’ll have six wines for you to try, all from countries involved in the World Cup 2014 in Brazil.
Pitting two whites, the English New Hall Pinot Gris & the Italia Castel Firman Pinot Grigio, against two Rose wines, French Chateau D’Ollieres & the Spanish Conde De Valdemar and matching up the Argentinian Cecchin Cabernet Sauvignon against the Chilean Novas Carmenere/Cabernet Sauvignon.
Who will come out on top? Only you can try and decide!
As usual, the tasting is completely free with no obligation to buy anything on the day. If you do take a fancy to any of the wines, there will be 10% off all of the tasting wines.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
For a limited time, Bulletin Place Shiraz is just £7.50!
This is a classic South Eastern Australia Shiraz with all the hall-marks you get from going down-under. Spicey and soft, this wine is great with grilled meats and cheeses. With the weather hotting up for summer, Shiraz is the perfect accompaniment to your BBQ!
Our new App for Android is the easy way to keep in touch with whats going on at The Village Vine. We’ll be keeping it updated with information about our Wine Tastings, as well as letting you know about the latest offers and wines we have in store…
You’ll also be able to order online quickly and easily using your phone or tablet.
On top of that, watch out for some exclusive special offers we’ll only be doing via our App!
To download our new App for Android, CLICK HERE! or use your QR scanner on your phone…
Our next FREE monthly wine tasting will be to Spain! We’ll be showcasing 5 different wines which we think you’ll love – all of which will be 10% off on the day!
There is of course no obligation to buy on the day, but we hope you’ll take the time to see some of our fantastic new offers and wines that we have in store.
The wines will be available for tasting from 2.30pm onwards until around 7pm on Saturday 17th May.
We look forward to seeing you there!
As summer is just around the corner, we have a great collection of white wines from Italy for you to try! Perfect for an afternoon in the sun, or for accompanying a light meal outside in the longer evenings, we’ve selected 5 wines that we think you’ll love…
1. Castel Firman Pinot Grigio. This is a lovely wine from northern Italy and we think if you are used to supermarket Pinot Grigio, then once you try this you’ll never look back! Pairing well with white meats and fish, this wine is fresh and fruity. £9.95. > To buy Castel Firman Pinot Grigio online click here…
2. Gemellae Vermentino. This is a delicate wine that matches superbly with seafood. From the island of Sardinia, this has become one of our favourite white wines. At just £11.95, this is a great wine. > To buy Gemellae Vermentino online click here…
3. Organic Bianco. As the name suggests, this is a completely organic wine suitable for both vegetarians and vegans. The label on the bottle says “Perfect for post-work wind downs and a great party wine!”. We can’t argue with that! £8.95.> To buy Organic Bianco online click here…
4. Rosa Bianca Pinot Grigio. Another Pinot Grigio which we think will help convert you! This wine pairs very well with mushroom-based dishes as well as lasagne and grilled fish. The palate of this wine is dry and softer than the Castel Firma and slightly fuller in body. £7.95.> To buy Rosa Bianca Pinot Grigio online click here…
5. Verdicchio Colle Stefano. Looking for a nice alternative to Sauvignon Blanc? This is the wine for you! This Verdicchio has notes of melon, apple and flowers and pairs well with olive and almonds. On top of a great taste, this wine is also organic and has become one of our more popular whites.> To buy Verdicchio Colle Stefano online click here…
This month we are going for a change tasting wines from unexpected areas! As you know, we do like to take you out of your comfort zone and try new wines. So this month we’ll be tasting Eastern European, Middle Eastern and North African wines. Sound exciting? It should be!
Our tasting on the 29th March starts at 2.30pm and ends around 7pm. It’s a free, walk-in tasting with no obligation to buy if you try!
Although these are possibly new countries regarding wines tried, some of them use more familiar grape varieties, such as Cabernet Sauvignon & Grenache – flavours you should enjoy!
We have a rose, 2 whites and 2 reds at varying price-points (and all 10% off on the day). If not, there is of course, an extensive range in-store to cover all styles and budgets. And as always, lots of offers & bin-ends in-store for you to check out…
We very much hope you can join us on Saturday! If not, pop in soon and see our excellent range. (Including the best range of Local Beers + Cider and premium Spirits & Liqueurs!).
Plus, remember, if you need to send a gift, we offer reliable national delivery at competitive rates. (custom-made gift-boxes: 1, 2, 3 btl, or 6/ 12 btl. cases – ask for details)
The Village Vine
There’ll be 5 wines on tasting, 2 whites and 3 reds – and all tasting wines will be 10% off on the day!
Look forward to seeing you there!
Do join us anytime from 2.30pm to 7pm this Saturday, November 30th for a free, walk-in tasting in store. We have loads of festive offers available including some fantastic offers not to be missed this year!
There’s no obligation to buy, but all tasting wines will be 10% off on the day.
Don’t forget, any of our wines can be gift-wrapped and delivered both locally and nationwide. We have a beautiful range of wine gift-boxes that make lovely presents for both family and more corporate clients. Ask in store for details!
Look forward to seeing you and have a very merry Christmas!
Nic and The Village Vine Team.